- Construct Validity basically refers to the general validity of a measurement device.
- IOW: Does the instrument measure the construct that it is intended to measure?
- How to determine Construct Validity:
- There is no specific statistical test that will provide an absolute measure of construct validity
- Therefore, construct validity is never proven, it can only be supported
- Best method is to compare the new measurement with other measurements that are agreed to measure a similar construct or parts of the same construct
- i.e., an intelligence test with the scores of a math test among various ages of school children