Have a seat and make yourself comfortable, we are about to start class. Psych 101 is a general psychology text adapted to an online guided format.
This online text represents a summary of the major theories, concepts, and treatment approaches in the field of psychology. Following the text will provide you with a strong basic understanding of the field of psychology. It won’t make you a psychologist, but it’s a great place to start.
Have fun, and happy learning!
Chapter 1: Introduction to Psychology and Research Methods
Chapter 2: Biopsychology
Chapter 3: Personality Development
- Chapter 3: Section 1: Introduction to Development, Personality, and Stage Theories
- Chapter 3: Section 2: Motor and Cognitive Development
- Chapter 3: Section 3: Erikson’s Stages of Psychosocial Development
- Chapter 3: Section 4: Freud’s Stages of Psychosexual Development
- Chapter 3: Section 5: Freud’s Structural and Topographical Model
- Chapter 3: Section 6: Freud’s Ego Defense Mechanisms
- Chapter 3: Section 7: Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development
Chapter 4: Learning and Behavioral Psychology
Chapter 5: Sensation and Perception
Chapter 6: Memory, Intelligence and States of Mind
Chapter 7: Motivation and Emotion
Chapter 8: Social Psychology
Chapter 9: Psychopathology
Chapter 10: Psychotherapy
Author: Dr. Christopher L. Heffner
First Published: April 1, 2001